philipp zupke / game design & 3d art

March 2013 | in category: games

Last semester we had a game design course at the berlin based mobile gaming company Wooga. The complementary work for this course, was the development of a mobile game prototype. I was keen to build a prototype for Android phones using native Java Code. It took some time to get the IDE and API for Android running but after that I started coding. The result was PewBamPow.
Then I started execution of our prototype concept in Java. Facing a deadline about 3 weeks ahead I realised that this would not work out. So I decided to switch to Unity3D. Unfortunately our game concept was requiring a lot of menus und interface stuff in order to work and coding UI stuff never is much fun, especially in Unity3D. I used Prime31s free "UIToolKit" plugin to support this effort. I was responsible for a major part of the high level game design concept and defining and visualising the core game loop as well as programming the prototype.

Simple game loop

Game loop more detailed

Like this project
Like this site
Imprint / Impressum